Workshop 4: How to write a scientific article
2 Wroclaw, Poland
The objective of the workshop is to make an overview of the most important aspects of scientific literature searching and writing a scientific article. The workshop will be divided into two parts. The first part will focus on basic search strategies and on the benefits of a good literature search. The second part of the workshop will present the structure of a scientific article and some publication requirements of an international pharmaceutical journal. Both parts of the workshop will be illustrated with examples from hospital pharmacy publications.
Medicines Information Pharmacist, Medicines Information Service, Wroclaw, Poland
Literature search for hospital pharmacists
- What do you need to know before starting a literature search?
- Medical and pharmaceutical databases in hospital practice.
- Search strategies – how to succeed ?
- Good literature search – what are the benefits?
Ed De Gruyter, Berlin, Germany
How to write and publish a scientific article?
- Scientific articles - why is it important to write and publish?
- Rules and recommendations that apply to general scientific writing.
- Standard structure of a scientific manuscript.
- Requirements for articles to be published in Pharmaceutical Technology in Hospital Pharmacy.